Friday, November 26, 2010

Dear Joshua: No Spitting

Dear Joshua, my beloved son,

I know you think it's hilarious to stick your tongue out, suck in air, and blow raspberries like a boy impersonating an elephant, but it's kinda gross when you do this at dinner time when Mommy has just fed you a large spoonful of carrots.

Carrots stain.

But laughter soothes the soul. And my oh my, dear son, do you make Mommy laugh lately. A lot. And hard.

Erik said to me the other day, "Yeah, I could skip the first four months." And while the Mommy in me immediately says, "Oh but all those cuddly moments when he learned to sleep, and learned to nurse, and learned to smile, and learned to recognize me ..." Yes, all those moments are precious, and the newborn stage is definitely something to remember and cherish ... however, 6 months was a huge break through, and 7 months is amping up to be fairly hilarious.

The impish grins, the silly looks, the excitement of sitting and standing and crawling, and yes, even the spitting--man, this is super fun! Yay Josh!

1 comment:

  1. So glad it's getting "happier." Yes, the first 6 months were hell for me too with Bella. I remember thinking, "Okay, I kinda like this..." at 6 months. And at a year, I remember thinking, "Now we're talking!" :-) Hooray for progress...

    ReplyDelete