Saturday, September 8, 2012

38 Weeks: One Day

I woke up this morning, got my buddy breakfast, filled my coffee cup to the brim, and sat down to read my Bible. I started with my Jesus Calling devotional, September 8:  

Accept each day exactly as it comes to you. By that, I mean not only the circumstances of your day but also the condition of your body.

I laughed out loud! Today I am 38 weeks, 1 day pregnant. When I was pregnant with Joshua, my water broke on the first day of my 38th week. It feels weird to reach this point, and to have a very strong sense that this time around, I'm going to be pregnant much longer. (Hopefully only like a week or so, but who knows!?)

Your assignment is to trust Me absolutely, resting in my sovereignty and faithfulness.

This opening paragraph fits PERFECTLY! It's funny, for all my "whining", I'm really not that uncomfortable, and I'm doing quite fine enjoying my sleep, time with Joshua, and relatively "easy" life. The addition of a squirming newborn will be so exciting ... but really, I'm cool if she wants to wait a week. 39 weeks and 1 day seems just fine .... :)

On some days, your circumstances and your physical condition feel out of balance: The demands on you seem far greater than your strength. Days like that present a choice between two alternatives--giving up or relying one Me.
I want Baby Boo to come when Baby Boo is supposed to come. And if it means getting uncomfortable and battling some intense impatience? Then so be it. On some days, yes--mother of two, Joshua and Boo, is a demanding role. But since I can't really give up, I just have to rely on Him.

...I will infuse My strength into you moment by moment, giving you all that you need for this day. Trust Me, by relying on My empowering Presence.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment