Tuesday, July 17, 2012

30 Weeks: Ouch! That Hurts Mama!

My goodness, this little girl is a feisty one. I felt her early, and I felt her easily. At 12 weeks this little one was dancing away, hard enough for me to notice, and at now 30 weeks, her pirouettes and back handsprings are actually causing me to have some painful moments! Just a moment ago, I jumped and exclaimed, "Ouch!" to no one in particular. Yesterday, I was standing with my weight shifted to one leg, and she decided to throw her body weight in the same direction and I almost fell over! This little 3-ish pound girl is giving me a run for my money--already! 

As I'm sure most pregnant women do, I try to get Erik to understand and appreciate the experience I'm having--but words rarely get the job done. So the other night, I cuddled up right next to him in bed, and my big ole belly rested against his side. True to form, Baby Boo was awake and active--and Daddy finally caught a glimpse of what it's like to be Mommy at 10:30pm! Combining hiccups and karate, she put on quite a show for her dad, who simply said, "Wow--it's constant!!" And I said, "Yep--welcome to my life." :) 

Her knobby knees, bony elbows, tiny little behind and super hard head all bump around inside me, at all hours, and leave me envisioning this tiny little lady in a pink tutu, twirling and spinning her way into our lives. 

I'm so excited!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment