Monday, April 20, 2009

I Echo David ...

Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my sighing. Listen to my cry for help, my King and my God, for to you I pray. In the morning, O Lord, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation. Psalm 4: 1-3
A Lord, do not rebuke me in your anger or discipline me in your wrath. Be merciful to me, Lord for I am faint; O Lord, heal me, for my bones are in agony. My soul is in anguish. How long, O Lord, how long?... I am worn out from groaning; all night long I flood my bed with weeping and drench my couch with tears. My eyes grow weak with sorrow … Psalm 6: 1-3, 6-7a
How long, O lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and every day have sorrow in my heart? How long will my enemy triumph over me? Look on me and answer, O Lord my God. Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death…But, I trust in Your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord, for he has been good to me. Psalm 13
Turn to me and be gracious to me, for I am lonely and afflicted. The troubles of my heart have multiplied; free me from my anguish. Look upon my affliction and my distress and take away all my sins. Psalm 25:16-18
O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still. Psalm 83:1
Hear my voice when I call, O Lord; be merciful to me and answer me. My heart says of you, “Seek his face!” Your face, Lord, I will seek. Psalm 27:7-8
To you I call, O Lord my Rock; do not turn a deaf ear to me. For if you remain silent, I will be like those who have gone down to the pit. Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place. Psalm 28:1-2
All my longings lie open before you, O Lord; my sighing is not hidden from you. My heart pounds, my strength fails me; even the light has gone from my eyes. O Lord, do not forsake me; be not far from me, O my God. Come quickly to help me, O Lord my Savior. Psalm 38: 9-10, 21-22
Awake, O Lord! Why do you sleep? Rouse yourself! Do not reject us forever. Why do you hide your face and forget our misery and oppression? Psalm 44: 23-24
Hear my prayer, O Lord, listen to my cry for help! Be not deaf to my weeping. Psalm 39:12
O Lord my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. Psalm 30:2
I sought the Lord and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears. Psalm 34: 4
The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their cry … The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:15, 17-18
I waited patiently for the Lord; he turned to me and heard my cry. Psalm 40:1
Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge. Psalm 62: 5-8
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. Psalm 73:26
“Because he loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.”
Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. Psalm 116:7
We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you. Psalm 33:20-22

2 comments: