Thursday, March 4, 2010

Saddened at the Dumpster

I took the trash out the other night, and had my heart broken.

This was the scene in the dumpster's little "cage":


One of our neighbors recently moved out, and here on the concrete, amidst various trashed household items, was a set of wedding photos and invite frame with friends' handwritten well wishes. Just tossed out with the mountain dew, old rugs and broken furniture.

I literally just stopped and stared, so saddened by the state of marriage. The broken dreams, the dashed hopes ... It made me want to cry.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, this actually did make me cry! That is SO sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for this post, Kristin. It overwhelms me sometimes how many people have no hope in their marriages. It makes me be more determined than ever to deposit hope into marriages however, whenever, and wherever I can!

    ReplyDelete