Saturday, February 18, 2012

9 Weeks: 5th Time's the Charm

Actually I guess the 3rd time was the first charm ... Joshua Nelson being said charm. Man, I love that kid.

But apparently (fingers still crossed pretty hard ... ) the 5th time is the charm for us too.

An emotionally grueling week and a half of spotting behind us, a heartbeat seen, two blood clots discovered, the official announcement (Facebook is the official thing these days ....) completed, the fatigue full on, the heart burn raging .... seriously, I'm only NINE weeks along?! Are you serious? I feel like I've been pregnant forever! :)

To be clear, I'm loving every minute.

It sure is different doing this the second time around. (Well, the 5th time around, but only the second time we've made it to a heart beat, so yeah--totally awesome by the way!) Poor little Joshua--Mama dozes on the couch for most of the morning. Good thing he has learned to play so well by himself to the background noise of Cat in the Hat, Super Why, Dinosaur Train, and Sesame Street.

If you read my post from earlier this week, you know that the early weeks of this pregnancy were drama-filled, per usual for our household. I still remind myself every day to breathe a prayer of thanks for this little one inside of me, as I play with and chase the little one who brings joy to my life every day.

It's such a miracle when a child is actually brought from conception, through pregnancy, and into this world to grow and develop and touch the lives of those around him. We had days where we thought Joshua would never be a name we got to use. We wondered if children were not in our future ... and then, once we were blessed with our little angel, we were always very aware to continue to have hearts of gratitude--and hearts that had learned the hard way not to assume we'd be able to have more children.

Every child is a blessing--we all know that. And for us, they are blessings we never count on having. We agreed early on that if God blessed us only with Joshua, then we would be forever grateful. At least we had our Joshua. So now, to be pregnant with another, with a heart beat, with the hope of bringing another Lindeen baby into the world in September ... we are speechless. We are so honored.

When we decided it was time to start trying again, we fully prepared our hearts for another journey. More charting, more waiting, more timing, more hoping, more praying ... but it worked! The first time! We couldn't believe it, and truly, still can't. It's absolutely incredible!

I keep telling Joshua, "My Mommy heart is so full--I'm so in love with you, and so thankful for Baby L" He just grins, points at my tummy, mutters something in jibberish and gallops away to play drums or drive "woo-woos" (trains).

Truly, my Mommy-heart is so full, and I know it's only going to get fuller. We are so incredibly thankful for this unexpected turn in our journey--an easy conception, and hopefully, a smooth pregnancy from here on out.

Here's to Baby L!

1 comment:

  1. I can't remember how I came across your blog, but am following it! Congratulations on your second and thanks for sharing your story! TTC is such a roller-coaster ride and am glad you're doing well. :) We find out on Friday if we have our bfp. We're hopeful and staying positive.

    ReplyDelete