Monday, February 27, 2012

10 Weeks: A Nap A Day ...

... Keeps the crazy away.

Problem is, I can't always have a nap! I know all of you moms-of-many-children are already nodding saying, "Yep--she finally understands. Number Two is super tiring!" And I mean, seriously! I'm just so darn tired!

At least I'm not sick ... and I know I make many women green with envy when they ask, "How ya been feeling?" with that side head tilt and sad I-pity-you look on their faces and I say, "I don't get sick!" They go "What?!" And I go "Yep!" And they go "Uh uh!" and I go "For sure! I just eat. And eat. And eat and eat... and then get raging heartburn."

Tums are my best friend. Tums and naps.

I up and decided it was time for a break from Facebook. I need it, my life needs it, my little boy needs it .... then I heard Baby L's heartbeat. So I quick logged back on .... then I got to baptize my brother and just had to share, so I quick logged back on ... then I noticed my good friend's 31 week baby bump photo ... so I stayed logged on.

I'm going to ATTEMPT to just cut back. I did really well today--anytime I went to aimlessly check FB, I stopped myself and either got back to work or walked away from the laptop *gasp* and played with my son.

The heartbeat was an amazing moment. I sure do love hearing those heartbeats. With our three miscarriages, we never made it to hearbeat-hearing stage, so for us, the heartbeat-hearing is a HUGE sigh of relief. We know we're still not "out of the woods"--and truly, no one ever is in pregnancy, unfortunately. But hearing that heartbeat sure brings peace to this Mama's heart. 

10 weeks. Raging heartburn (Tums Tums and more Tums), endless fatigue (I woke up exhausted from my 2 1/2 hour nap the other day ...), strange cravings (I've had green olives and hot dogs for 3 different meals this week), and unstable moods (If only I could nap, the crazy might stay away ....).

Pregnancy with Baby L is a lot different than Pregnancy with Joshua. Should be a fun ride!

1 comment:

  1. I totally understand!
    Motherhood is hard. 1 kid, 2 kids...it's just hard. And tiring. And being pregnant is ESPECIALLY tiring!!

    Here's a friend's post I though you might like. =)

    Love you!!

    http://rachelmariemartin.blogspot.com/2012/02/return-of-motherhood-glam.html

    ReplyDelete