Monday, August 23, 2010

Secret Place

For you created my inmost being; 
you knit me together in my mother's womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; 
your works are wonderful, 
I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you 
when I was made in the secret place
When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
your eyes saw my unformed body
All the days ordained for me 
were written in your book 
before one of them came to be. 
Psalm 139:13-16
Joshua Nelson, 7 weeks, 5 days
Joshua Nelson, 4 months
Psalm 139 has been on my mind lately. Can anyone comprehend the TRUTH that these pictures are of the same little person? That my adorable, giggly, drooly little boy is one and the same with the seemingly "blah" sac of tissue in the picture above? I cannot wrap my mind around it! This perfect little human, with his chubby fingers and flailing arms; his bright blue eyes and double chin; his birth-marked knee and soft, soft skin ... this little guy named Joshua started off smaller than a mustard seed in my womb. And God saw his unformed body--his frame was not hidden from Him. Hallelujah! Our Creator God is great and good; what an amazing gift He has given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment