Friday, August 27, 2010

Message from the Past: Letter #1

When I was a Resident Assistant Junior year of college, I often wrote "letters" to the girls on my hall. I've decided to post them because, well, they are good reminders even now!!

September 21, 2003


As the reality of college sets in and we realize we’re here for the long haul, please rest in the Lord.  Cling to His peace and depend on His strength; with Him, we can do all things, even squeeze 38 hours worth of work into 24.   Don’t forget to take time to sit and rest in Him.  Don’t forget to take time for yourself—I’ve heard it said that every person should take a walk alone every day. So, today I tried that and boy did it feel good to be alone with my thoughts and prayers.  College is the definition of over-stimulating; please don’t forget to slow down and enjoy the simple things in life.  Read a book, bake cookies, call your grandma.  And come visit your RA! I’d love to chat with you girls about how college is going so far for you.  Don’t hesitate to knock, although I do ask that late night visits are kept to emergencies only.  Cora has very early morning placements and while we love to see you, bedtime has to come early for both of us.  But please visit any time during the afternoon/evening! I know I’m in and out like a mad woman but please—leave a note and I’ll stop by.  I want to connect with each of you.  It is the desire of my heart to know you each individually and I’m making it a goal to do that to the best of my ability. 

Now, some business. The deadline for finishing your installations of the anti-virus is on TuesdayPLEASE GET THIS FINISHED AND TO ME ASAP! Thanks!
If you haven’t met with your hall partners yet, please try to make time for that this week.
Committee leaders, I need to hear from each of you and see how you’re doing! Let me know!
Last but not least, Bible study has been going super well; we had a lot of fun making cookies for our brother hall last week! Please join us this week as we’re starting a section on Ecclesiastes.  

Please know that you are all very special to me and to Cora! We value you and we know that God has placed us on the same hall for special purposes.  I’m excited to see how this year progresses!! Blessings to you all as you start this new week. 
With love and joy, Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment